Cabinet Member: Councillor Dafydd Meurig
Consider the Scrutiny Investigation Group Report
a) The report of the Planning Scrutiny Investigation was submitted to the Cabinet Member. All members were reminded of the background of the brief and Councillor Eric M Jones, Chairman of the investigation, provided a summary of the work undertaken.
b) The Cabinet Member thanked the Members for the good work undertaken within a brief period of time. The recommendations were discussed one at a time and the following observations were noted by the Cabinet Member:
· The suggestion about the need for members along with community council members to receive training to raise awareness and understanding of the contents of the Local Development Plan (once approved) was welcomed.
· That a Ffordd Gwynedd review of the service would be implemented as permitted by the timetable
· Accept the need to include / draw specific attention to economic matters within Planning Committee reports
c) During the ensuing discussion, the following observations were made:-
· A suggestion that meeting timetables, sharing good practice and appropriate planning observations should be included in community council training
· A suggestion that positive observations and the number of complaints should be included
· Welcome the recommendation to collaborate with and facilitate discussions with the Council's building control unit.
RESOLVED to accept the report, which was completed in a relatively short period of time, to approve the recommendations and seek a report from the Cabinet Member within 6 months on what has been achieved following the recommendations.